Goldfish and Catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, then is there any concensus in terms of which catfish can mix with goldies and their water temp? Can I buy a few of the silver/black spotted?

Alright guys, now I'm getting confused...

Which catfish can go with goldies? And YES -- that was the name of the silver and black spotted cats, PICTUS! These cannot go with goldies?

I wouldn't put pictus cats in with goldies unless your have a big tank and your temp is in the tropical range, but I am not up with cooler water species that are compatible.

I wouldn't put pictus cats in with goldies unless your have a big tank and your temp is in the tropical range, but I am not up with cooler water species that are compatible.

A 60-gallon isn't big enough for pictus with goldies? Why would the size of a tank matter when talking about them being able to coexist?

could be the best idea yet...

what temp do you keep the water?

I have started a separate thread just to concentrate on the most ideal temperature for fancy goldies...I was raising the temp considerably to fight what I thought was a case of Ich, but now I have dropped the temp back down and it seems as though the water likes to stay in that "safe zone" indicated on the thermometer -- around 70 something degrees or so...

What does a hillstream locah look like? Are these bottom feeders?

You will never find a fish that "cleans gravel and gets rid of fish "debris". I'd recommend a gravel vac and water change...

You will never find a fish that "cleans gravel and gets rid of fish "debris". I'd recommend a gravel vac and water change...

LOL -- I know that; I just meant that I'd like one just maintains the bottom of the tank and the inside glass walls just a bit...

You asked what catfish do. Thats a catfish in a nutshell

Okay, so based on the three elements in which you feel are "catfish in a nutshell," do they do absolutely nothing for decaying food cleanup on the bottom? There are no "cleaning" characteristics to these species at all? They just exist to "be awesome" and grow huge?

Back
Top Bottom