Goldfish Breeding Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daniel H

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. I've been wondering about this for a while now. So I have a few different kinds of goldfish in my 55 gallon tank a Pearlscale, oranda, wakins, and a ryukin.

I've been in the goldfish hobby for a while now and I want to try to breed my goldfish to see what the results would be but as of right now they are still quite small. So I decided to look online to see what kind of goldfish would be made if you bred [insert name] goldfish and [insert name] goldfish.

To my surprise, I didn't find many people discussing this much. The only ones I was really found are Ryukins + Wakins = Watonai and Ranchus + Orandas = Shukins. But thats basically it.

So instead of just asking my original question: Do Orandas + Pearlscales create Crown Pearl Scales, and later continue asking more questions about different combinations, I also want to know if anyone is willing to share their experiences breeding different kinds of goldfish themselves or provide some answers

I think this is what you are looking for. This doesn't look like a very organized chart but follow the lines and you shall have answers. :) also just do a Google search for "goldfish breeding chart". There are several more listed.

Back
Top Bottom