Goldfish changing colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachsentence

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, in the space of two years my goldfish has changed from a bright orange to a really pale white, what would you say the effect of this was?, what caused it?, is it a bad thing? And is it reversible please help me I'm really worried about my fish, does this colour change make him unhappy?

Thankyou,
Rachel

Goldfish change colours as they age. My Golden fan tail has developed some white areas and my blackmoor has some Golden patches. My Calico fantail has developed many colour patches and changes over the years. So it is natural. Particularly if its a gradual change as you say over two years. Post a picture if you can, this will help rule out other causes. But if they are otherwise healthy I would suspect it's natural colour change. :)

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Goldfish change colours as they age. My Golden fan tail has developed some white areas and my blackmoor has some Golden patches. My Calico fantail has developed many colour patches and changes over the years. So it is natural. Particularly if its a gradual change as you say over two years. Post a picture if you can, this will help rule out other causes. But if they are otherwise healthy I would suspect it's natural colour change. :)

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1

My goldfish have also changed colour overtime. Mrs Peabody has become paler and lost her black stripe, Colin, the Black Moor, has become more bronzy.

That said, sometimes goldfish can lack lustre if they aren't in ideal water conditions and being fed a good diet. If lustre has changed, then we can help out with water quality and diet advice.

Roz

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom