Goldfish Fry Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackieB

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! We have a 75 gallon tank, it had three gold fish and two plecos. The tank was gifted to my daughter, we know very little about proper care. We've had the gold, from a carnival, for about 3 years. They are about 5in. each.

Anyhow, two days ago I noticed what I would later learn were eggs. Last night they hatched! We have more than one hundred fry currently in the tank.

I've been reading and trying to quickly learn how to care for them since this was an unexpected surprise. I've killed the filter and removed the adult fish. The adults are temporarily in buckets.

I've read I shouldn't try and move the fry as they are fragile and it would be impossible to remove them all. I've also read they should be in a shallow tank... There's so much information on the Internet and most of it conflicts.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks-J

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 88
Get an air driven sponge filter and lower your water level if possible..
As for food live is often best to help the fry learn to eat..They need to see movement often to become interested..
Some will do fine eating from the micro life on your plants...
I have bred and raised many fish ,but never goldies..
Congrats.

Thank you! This will be quite the project.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom