Goldfish quarantine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it safe to quarantine 4 comets in a 10g tank for 2-4 weeks? Yes parameters will be carefully monitored.

Are they very, very small? If you can manage the constant (daily or more often) wcs that will be needed with adequate food, it may be possible. A 20-30g tank or plastic storage bin would give more forgiveness in water quality and be less stressful for both you and them though. You will need to figure out what will work reasonably as a qt for yourself and future fish in respect to time, space, cost, commitment, etc and stick to it. Please ask any questions!

Depends on the size.I put a 6 inch goldfish in a ten gallon that I got as a rescue from petco. Water changes would have been daily, but he was there briefly and soon joined the general population and is currently thriving. I have kept several small goldfish in the same ten gallon for a few weeks while I arranged for their outside home. I did 50% daily water changes.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom