Goldfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lexiesboots

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone!

So I have been looking around for an Oranda lately and am leaning more towards getting it still pretty young so that it will be the size of my telescope. But what I wanted to know is do their wrens grow bigger as they get older? Or is it going to be about the same size their whole life? I know it's kind of a dumb question but I haven't really found any smaller Orandas with very much head growth.

Thanks!

Their wens develop as they grow and develop. Don't worry about the youngsters not having a large, developed wen- completely normal!

Forgot one thing- if you do find a youngster with a developed wen, he is likely not a youngster but a stunted, older fish.

Okay thanks! That's what I thought but I wasn't too sure. I don't want to get a baby oranda and then not have it grow the wren. That's the whole reason why I want one lol. So another question. If they have a sort of big head growth already is it safe to assume it will still be pretty large as it keeps growing?

Forgot one thing- if you do find a youngster with a developed wen, he is likely not a youngster but a stunted, older fish.

Oh! Good to know! So I won't focus on finding a baby with the biggest head growth anymore lol instead look at overall health. Thanks so much!

Yep! Look for a healthy, happy fish who is active and interested in both you and his environment. Good luck in your search! :)

Yep! Look for a healthy, happy fish who is active and interested in both you and his environment. Good luck in your search! :)

Thank you so much for the info! I've never had an Oranda before just fantails and my telescope. Will do my Goldie's now are super friendly and like to nibble when I do water changes and will eat out of my hands :)

Back
Top Bottom