Goldfish Substrate and Decor Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SundanceCassidy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i currently have my Fantail goldfish, Jasper, in a 29 Gallon tank, it has double Filtration, etc. etc. But basically, i need ideas and opinions on Substrate and decor, (as the name implies). Id love to hear some peoples opinions.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Sand or bare bottom is my preferred substrate for goldies. They like to sift through the substrate and they will sometimes choke on gravel, which could cause death.

For decor, my first choice would be large smooth stones. Sometimes you can attach Anubis or Java fern to the stones for a better look, but there is a possibility the goldfish will munch on them. Usually for fancy goldfish you want smooth and/or soft decor to reduce the chances of injuries.

Oh, and I would also recommend getting jasper a friend as goldfish are very social and enjoy company of their own kind.

Thank you for the reply! I have bare bottom right now but ill probably do sand because it would look better. Ill look into getting him a friend asap. :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sweet! Ill check it out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom