Goldfish with Ammonia Poisoning??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

succulent

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my sister's goldfish appears to have ammonia poisoning.
It is currently being kept in TERRIBLE conditions (1.5 gallon tank with one more goldfish. tank contains tetra whisper filter for 1-3 gallons and a marina betta heater to prevent ich.)
i just saw the goldfish today with black spots and gasping for air.
if anybody can confirm its ammonia poisoning and give me advice on how to save this poor, poor goldfish please let me know.

(water parameters will be given upon request as soon as i receive my testing kit)

thank you and please helpImage1491967880.507081.jpgImage1491967913.819844.jpg

A lot of people don't know what there getting into with fish, they just a swimming decoration. It's a lot more intensive hobby than that though

Until I get a bigger tank, i use the same one. My goldfish has never had problems. Tell her to clean gravel. That is the only problem I have had with the tank. Warn her about lots of floating poo. Do a 70% water change immediately.

She's GOT to get a bigger tank, or maybe just re-home the goldfish, because that is not going to work. Those poor fishies ? 1.5 gallons is too small for pretty much anything, but ESPECIALLY goldfish ?

Its ammonia poisoning and burn,2ndary infection is next. skin lesions due to the slime coat loss. my 13 month goldfishes there tails are longer than a 1 1/2 gal. There the size of med koi. I have around 300 a lot more coming up. Don't know how many hundreds of babies I have. they need a wide 75 gal. min. Sorry to say they are going to be short lived in the conditions there in.

Back
Top Bottom