Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all I have some questions for a dear friend that is new to goldfish keeping. She has an Oranda Goldfish and would like to know what to feed him as a balanced diet and how often?

Just a goldfish flake food should be fine. Try a higher quality brand like omega one though. Feeding just a little bit a day should be fine. How big is the tank?

A quality sinking pellet (NLS, Hikari Saki or Lionhead or ProGold) or gelfood along with daily plain cooked veggies. Some occasional fruits and fresh proteins are a good idea as well. No flakes or freeze dried foods as they aggravate buoyancy issues that fancies are prone to having. Please ask if you have more questions! :)

A quality sinking pellet (NLS, Hikari Saki or Lionhead or ProGold) or gelfood along with daily plain cooked veggies. Some occasional fruits and fresh proteins are a good idea as well. No flakes or freeze dried foods as they aggravate buoyancy issues that fancies are prone to having. Please ask if you have more questions! :)

Do hikari do a sinking pellet for goldfish? I've bought all hikari for my tropicals and golds but didn't realise the ones for the goldfish were floating ones. I want good sinking ones!!

Edit: never mind, you've named them! I thought those were brands, not actual products thanks!

Hi all I have some questions for a dear friend that is new to goldfish keeping. She has an Oranda Goldfish and would like to know what to feed him as a balanced diet and how often?

Actually if you mix flakes with water before feeding them so they don't float they will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom