Goldie with septicimia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candiceg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello
I have a three inch Ranchu. That I'm thinking has septicimia. He is just sitting on the bottom of the tank and has faint reddish streak on his tail. It's hard to tell because he's bright orange. He was fine until yesterday. Also think his gills look dark. It's a 36 gallon tank with two other small fancies with him
Water parameters are taken with API master kit
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
Ph 7.5
I do 50 % water changes weekly and sometimes more than weekly. I am treating with marcaryn 2 and salt. Can I do more? Also water has been a little cloudy not really sure why. Could this be making him sick. Others are fine thanks

Hi! Is he still eating (this is important!)? Can you post pics of what you are seeing? Is he breathing rapidly/labored? Have you ever treated for flukes? Thanks!

Hi he is not eating:( he seems disoriented. His gills look black inside and he has a few black spots on his face. Red streaks in tail. I'm treating with marcaryn 2. I have not treated for flukes before.

image-949935325.jpg

Attachments

• image-1976187397.jpg
    image-1976187397.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 71
Today is second day of marcaryn 2. I put aquarium salt in as well 3 days ago

Now has labored breathing and body seems curved? Doesn't look like its going to make it.

Ok, I want you to increase the salt but not all at once. 6tbsp is approximately .05% salinity. Your going to increase the salinity to .15% over the next 12-24hrs. Measure out another 9tbsp & dissolve it in a container of tank water. Add this solution a little at a time over the next 12-24hrs. Tomorrow, we can work on increasing this further to .3% salinity. These are not exact measurements here but approximate. Salt really should be weighed before dosing- 3.8grams/g equals .1% salinity. Enlisting the aid of an aquatic vet for emergency intervention is another option. Keep us posted!

Thank you for your help. I'm at work right now so I won't be able to start adding salt until tonight. Will the increase in salt be bad for the healthy fish in the tank?

Thanks for your help but he died. Should I finish the marcaryn 2 to prevent it from affecting the two healthy guys? They are still perfect. What can I do to prevent this in the future? My water parameters were all great. Makes me mad when you think you are doing a good job caring for them and they still get sick and die.

I am so sorry :( :(

I would finish the treatment to prevent the chance of any resistant bugs from forming. Get yourself some Prazipro (made by Hikari) which is a praziquantel med for treating flukes. I want you to treat them for flukes with salt & prazi. Treat any new fish in the future for flukes as well before introducing it to the tank. Please ask questions if you need help with this!

Do u think he had flukes? I had the fish for a year.

Ok so after the goldfish died the other two started resting on the bottom. I had already ordered Prazipro but I didn't want to wait so I treated them with General Cure. They improved right away. They have been fine ever since. I did my regular water change and the next day they are on the bottom and the water is cloudy. Last night they were both on the bottom again. I treated with PraziPro. Today they are swimming and then go take a rest on the bottom. I just tested the water.
PH 7.6
Am 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5

Very frustrated it seems whatever is causing the cloudiness is causing them to be sick.

Thats very odd that your having a cloudiness issue and I am not sure what may be causing it. Your numbers look fine. What type of substrate do you have? Have you added anything new to the filters or have you changed them recently? Changed anything else such as food or water conditioner? Did anything possbily get into the tank such as someone used an aersol spray in the room? Just trying to think of possible causes...

I never change filters. I use prime and have gravel. It's not very cloudy just a little but it seems that the fish feel sick after I do a water change. Currently they are swimming. I feed them hakari saki and nls pellets once daily

Back
Top Bottom