Gonna have to give away a few fish.... anyone want them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deliverme314

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all... anyone in the DC tri-state area want a common pleco about 6 inches and a Spotted Raphael catfish? They wont becoming into my new tank and would rather give them to a good home than to my LFS which horribly overstocks their tanks and doesnt IMO keep good care of the water as I always see dead fish in the tanks. So if anyone wants them... let me know and we will work out a pick up time. I am in Reston, Va which is about 15-20 minutes west of DC... oh and these are free of course to a good home... both are very healthy.

if I lived anywhere near that area, I'd snatch up the raphael. I have one and I love it! I live in Central Illinois, though. :cry:

I am giving my girlfriend the tank that they are in now. The new tank is planted... so that means no common pleco. It will up root and eat all my plants. The raphael... well I like him but I never get to see him because they hide so much. So I am giving these two guys up and getting either to zebra plecos who dont touch plants or one zebra pleco and a tiger pleco which I will just have to keep well fed on zucchhini and squash so he doesnt hurt the plants. But neither of these gets above 3 1/2 inches so they will be much better for a planted tank. I love both fish... especially the pleco... but I just dont see them making much sense in the new tank. If I had a temp spot for them I would keep them until I set up my next large tank in 6-9 months which will be a predatious tank and both would be fine it. Oh the new tank is a 90 and the next tank will be a 155 that will house 2 leopoldi stingrays and a black arowana. A dream of mine for some time but I wanted to get myself disciplined to a heavy maintenance tank so that I will be able to give my rays teh best possible care... after all they are gonna put me back 400 bucks each. SO until then I continue to study on their care and discipline myself on my planted tank. Yep... so someone let me know if they want my two guys or else its off to the LFS with them in about two weeks:(

Back
Top Bottom