Good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just found this gem!

image-918166487.jpg

It's a 175 reverse bowfront acrylic for $250, if it's salt can I use it for fw?

What it came with it ? Don't use the sump in FW. Just buy 2 canister filters, will do the job great !

I'll say it's more than a great deal, you got the stand with ?

It comes with the tank, stand and top! I've heard with acrylic, if storing it has to be climate controlled, do you know if this is true? I'd have to store it for a while and it would be subjected to extreme cold and heat.

It comes with the tank, stand and top! I've heard with acrylic, if storing it has to be climate controlled, do you know if this is true? I'd have to store it for a while and it would be subjected to extreme cold and heat.

I'd never heard that and stored a small acrylic in an unheated garage in MN. It was completely dry but got 100F to well below zero, I'm sure. Nothing bad happened to mine. I make no promises about yours. But, HOW could you put that beautiful tank in storage?!

I'd never heard that and stored a small acrylic in an unheated garage in MN. It was completely dry but got 100F to well below zero, I'm sure. Nothing bad happened to mine. I make no promises about yours. But, HOW could you put that beautiful tank in storage?!
Well ultimately it would be built into the wall of my new house, still in my apt though, no room, just thought it's such a good deal I should get it now!

Start reevaluating the furniture you have. I mean, you don't NEED a table in the dining area and you'll want a new one for the new house, right? I used to keep my bike, bird, and fish in the "dining nook" -- useful bit of space...

As awesome as it is, I wouldn't pay to store it for a house that isn't built yet unless it's already under construction. Storage costs would quickly erode the cost savings.

Start reevaluating the furniture you have. I mean, you don't NEED a table in the dining area and you'll want a new one for the new house, right? I used to keep my bike, bird, and fish in the "dining nook" -- useful bit of space... As awesome as it is, I wouldn't pay to store it for a house that isn't built yet unless it's already under construction. Storage costs would quickly erode the cost savings.
Haha I already have 2 tanks on my dining room table, I already have a locker for my construction business and fishing gear anyways!

There you go, then -- the storage is a sunk cost. Go for it! Just remember that they scratch easily so you'll want to be careful about what is stored near it and I'd cover it well to keep it from getting filthy.

I always disliked acrylic tanks because of the scratching. Just something to think about.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ya and I'm wondering if it's so cheap because it's already all beat up.. I'm def going to look into this though..

Heh -- there was one halfway restored on CL when I was watchingfor deals. They had taken it to the milk jug stage and it just needed another few rounds of sanding to go clear again. I think I know why they stopped...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom