Good lighting for 10 gallon nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanetweedz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Salt Water Aquarium Reef Fish Tank BLUE Lighting LED Strip 250 Lumens/Ft Moon Power Supply included. (16 ft roll is 3750 Lumens)

Thinking about getting 16 feet of this

no offense but those lights are a joke, a 16.5ft roll IS NOT over 3700 lumen, i sell leds in my store just like this and theyre so dim on 12v its funny, ive cranked them up on a 16v powersupply for a few seconds and thats what it looks like they did for the picture plus its on a white surface so you can see the "lumen" of the light.

spend the money on good lighting and better filtration, those are 2 things you never want to skimp out on especially if you want coral, dont gamble with your tank because you will ALWAYS lose.

those lights are just like the zombie craze now, people think they can slap "zombie" on things and sell them for twice as much, its the same with leds, they think they can slap "aquarium" and "saltwater" and "xxxx lumen" and sell them off overpriced ESPECIALLY on eBay.

dont be a chump, just my $0.02.

Last edited:
Thx just wat I needed thinkin bout the first one will that support a bta, hammer or torch

Thx just wat I needed thinkin bout the first one will that support a bta, hammer or torch

Not very likely that an anemone will last under those lights. It may live but it's not likely to really thrive. Bubble tips will outgrow a 10g fast if that's the tank you're inquiring about. Plus they aren't the safest thing for a reef although I had one for the longest time. When it got mad and decided to move I had to fight to keep it off my corals because they will sting a coral to the point of killing it. I went in vacation for a weekend and it wiped out about half of my zoas.

It may be a little old but the aquaillumination nano would be a perfect light for your tank.

Back
Top Bottom