Good Sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
They are decent sumps. I have seen them before. What are you using this for?

You shouldn't need a drill or a belt sander to build a sump. Most of the big box store hardware places will cut glass or acrylic for you, and all you have to do is take some caulk and glue it into the tank. I really was going to buy a ready built sump when I built my reef but ended up building my own because that way you can make it exactly how you want. The price difference doesn't even compare either.

I might try and build one though. I'd have to find a hardware store that'd do that stuff for me. I just need a way to fit the corners of the acrylic to the bottom of the tank because usually it's curved.

Because in most of the aquariums I've had the part where the bottom glass meets the side glass isn't perfectly straight but usually round because of the stuff they use to stick it together. Idk it's just what I've seen. ANd in all the tutorials they've said that you'll have to round the corners so that they'll fit together. Maybe I just need to find an aquarium that doesn't have that. I don't think I worded that very well.

I have never seen anyone have to round the corners. Even if there is a 1/8" gap at the bottom or something you can just fill it in with silicon.

Oh okay I can just do that instead. I'll definitely build one then when I do start my SW. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom