good thermometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i use both, a digital and a regular one that sticks on the inside. i dont really trust the digital , i have one from hagen and there are times the numbers are all over the place, so thats why i have both just to be on the safe side....

I use a digital one I got at a Petsmart, not sure of the brand. It has a long lead that you can suction to side of the tank, and a suction cup on the back of the readout. It is pretty accurate as far as I can tell. I tested it with a few regular thermometers and came up with the same results. I also have a stick-on-glass type on the side just so I can take a quick glance and get a rough estimate. It is usually a few degrees off but at least it gives me an idea.

hmm. I cant remember the name. I have one thats built into the magnet you would use to clean the inside of the tank. I havn't tested it out, but my temp inside the house is a steady 77 and without the heater on the tank will hovering right at that temp or a degree higher. With the heater on for two hours it will increase to around 83-84 degrees. But thats really all the information I can give on mine since I havn't tested it out.

Check out my pictures, you'll see it in the bottom left hand corner.

Back
Top Bottom