Got my Stand, now what colors... (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manoosie

Aquarium Advice Regular
What do you guys think? I got white color quartz sand, but want to know what color rocks and fish would look best in this setup. The color is called thorny branch, and is a very dark green. I got this custom made for $200, and he did A GREAT JOb. Very heavy wood, nice lines.

Attachments

• img_0809.jpg
    img_0809.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 30
  • img_0809.jpg
    img_0809.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 50
That is a beautiful stand/canopy!

If you use light sand I would recommend lots of large, dark rocks, and a dark background. The contrast between the light sand and dark rocks will be beautiful, as well as the contrast between the dark rocks and bright fish.

There are so many beautiful fish that without knowing what kind of tank you want (community, semi-aggressive, etc) it would take too long to make a list!

if you put a black background like suggested almost any fish will show up beautifully against it as well as plants.

use black moon tihatian sand that is black, then if you put somthing colorfull in there the colors will stand out beautiful!

Since you are using white sand (I use it in all my tanks), some deep colored rock like Lava Rock will look VERY nice against a dark colored background with the light sand. No matter what fish you decide, it will look nice.

We plan on coloring the back black, so you are right about the dark rocks. We gathered some a few days ago, I will update with pics once all my stuff comes from bigals!

right now i'm just jealous so i dont think i could comment nicely :twisted:

just joking, i love it it looks great, i think dark sand and bright fish will look amazing :D

Back
Top Bottom