Gourami breeding for beginners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabysapha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Interested in trying something new. I'm bored with breeding endlers and guppies, and i love gouramis. Also looking into breeding BNPs.
What's a smal but hardyl species that is suitable for someone that has never bred gouramis?
Or it doesnt need to be gouramis! I tried cories but it's hard to breed them in my small tanks. They breed readily in my community tank

IDK about gouramis.......i always thought they are harder than corys

maybe plecos like you mentioned? maybe gold nuggets or some other rarish breed so you can make your money back?

albino long fins or even green plecos

for gouramis, i see many ppl here in CA who breed blue gouramis quite easily

TheFishBoss97 said:
IDK about gouramis.......i always thought they are harder than corys

maybe plecos like you mentioned? maybe gold nuggets or some other rarish breed so you can make your money back?

albino long fins or even green plecos

for gouramis, i see many ppl here in CA who breed blue gouramis quite easily

Perhaps I can set up a 10g for breeding cories. Unsure how long it will take them to get frisky in a 10g though. But 5 cories in a 10g for a small amount of time shouldn't hurt them right?

My LFS will only order BNP, but I hope they can buy fry off me if they do breed!

Maybe I can try small rainbowfish? It all depends on what the LFS can order and for how much. No online orders for me until the weather goes above freezing in March!

idk, corys are schoolers and super active

maybe pygmy cories?

what rainbows? rainbows are mostly all over 2" long and schoolers meaning you need 6-8+ requiring a 20G tank +

ask them first for the plecos

10G should be fine for adult cories, but i would never do any adult corys in a 10G unless a trio or pygmies

good luck:)
maybe buy a 20L

that gives you many more oppurtunites

or in the 10G, you could try killis

Yes Killifish is a great idea! I completely forgot about them! Thanks!

I considered rainbows but the smallslest ones are a little expensive to get. Perhaps threadfin rainbows can work in a 10g for breeding.

Yes, I wouldn't want to force 6 cories in a 10g and hope for them to breed. It doesnt feel right!

Idk about threadfins:( i think they still are a bit too big, i used to have 10 in my 72G...........they are like 2" long w/out fins.............

i'd do killis;) there are hundreds to choose from

TheFishBoss97 said:
Idk about threadfins:( i think they still are a bit too big, i used to have 10 in my 72G...........they are like 2" long w/out fins.............

i'd do killis;) there are hundreds to choose from

Good to know, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom