gourami problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1873teddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, 1 of my blue dwarf gourami has been getting nipped by 1 of my swordtails, so much so that now his scales have a patch which is missing & down to what appears to be flesh, in an attempt to allow it to heal I have places within a breeding net, will this heal quickly & is there anything I can put in the tank to encourage faster healing?

Thanks!!!

Do WC's daily to aid in healing and keep secondary infections from settling in. As for the root of the problem... If you tank isn't heavily planted you can take the problem sword out, rearrange the entire tank and possibly add more plants/decorations, then add the sword back in. This can "sometimes" help because then the tank is new and the sword no longer (in his eyes) in the same aqarium setup that he had decided is "his". If this doesn't work you may want to consider rehoming the sword. Sometimes certain fish just have bad attitudes.

Thanks for your advice, I do WC weekly anyway so infection shouldn't be a problem, as fot the sword, she isn't a rogue, it seemed as though she was gently picking & the gourami accepted, he didn't pull away but appeared quite submissive. Shall rearrange the tank once he is better healed in the hope it does settle things down. I appreciate your assistance! :)

Ps, my tank is well planted although some of the plants are slow growers & still young.

Back
Top Bottom