gourami with cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gourami owner

Aquarium Advice Regular
At my Lfs there is a tank of oscars with a pearl gourami and I was wondering if this is okay? I have gouramis in a seperate tank from my cichlids just wanted to know if I could mix them?

My new 125 gallon is ready for fish so I was gonna see if I could stick my south african cichlids and my oscar in with my 2 5 inch pearl gouramis

My new 125 gallon is ready for fish so I was gonna see if I could stick my south african cichlids and my oscar in with my 2 5 inch pearl gouramis

South African species? Don't really know of why, at least that are common...and Africans shouldn't be housed with South American (Oscar)

When I was looking for tankmates for my firemouth a while back, I came across a lot of people that had success with pearl and 3 spot/opalines. I even found a few videos of gouramis facing off with some other CA/SA cichlids.

I'd suggest looking into researching the specific cichlid with the type of gourami you have before trying it, or if you have a divider handy to try with that first to prevent any damage.

Let me know how it goes if you try it.

Well at my daughters doctors office he has a football sized oscar and has 2 pearl gouramis in there and every time I see them they look fine so idk

Cool, look forward to your experience. I've been toying with the idea of adding a pearl, honey, or a 3-spot with my firemouth to occupy the top region of my 29H tank.

Back
Top Bottom