Gouramis vs Bettas (which is your favourite anabantoid)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gouramis vs Bettas (which is your favourite anabantoid)

• Gouramis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bettas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
there are many Gourami species
pearl
moonlight
kissing
dwarf
3 spot

there are many Betta Species
crowntail
halfmoon
veiltail
delta

Anabantoids (despite their infamous personalities) have to be some of the most beautiful fish in all of aquaria.

Quite obvious what my favorite is. I'm getting a new, red female soon. I love plakat bettas. No fancy long tails for me.

Bettas are beautiful and wonderful fish, but in the anabantid species, gouramis have my heart.

Piffle! Gouramis??? Bettas??? What about Combtails (Belontia) or Climbing Perch (Anabas)?? Or if you want some really MANLY anabantoids....what about the Bush Fish from Africa (Ctenopoma and Microctenopoma)?? Alas....all too many think anabantoids are limited to the 'cute' ones!

-Joe

TygGer said:
I've always like both. Anyone know if they will live peacefully together?

Some people have done it successfully, but it is generally recommended against. The betta has a tendency to consider a gourami another male betta and he will defend his territory.

rich311k said:
TygGer said:
I've always like both. Anyone know if they will live peacefully together?

Some people have done it successfully, but it is generally recommended against. The betta has a tendency to consider a gourami another male betta and he will defend his territory.
:nono: I wouldnt chance it ...

I love both but gouramis are my favorite out of the two. Simply because of the fact that you can house them with more fish and other gouramis as well. But they are both beautiful fish.

Back
Top Bottom