Graham's 5.5g planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seconded on the pics!

Wouldn't the cories dig too? Or do pygmies not do that?

They have the same behavior as other cories but like you said since they're pygmys they're just too small to do any major rescaping

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I ended up moving the Peruvian pencils into my 55. Might try some diptails as they seem to be much less active then the Peruvian reds were. It was clear they needed a larger tank..

Got some zebra otos recently..
1447463035510.jpg

ERMAGERD! Where did you find that cutie?

Haha the LFS I work at got some in. Had to jump on em since I got rid of my cobalt blue goby

So I ended up moving the Peruvian pencils into my 55. Might try some diptails as they seem to be much less active then the Peruvian reds were. It was clear they needed a larger tank..

I've never kept any type of pencils but have always read that they're very active. Any time I've seen them they're rather expensive :(

Got some zebra otos recently..

Very nice!

So it's been a while since I gave an update on the tank.. to start I once again had a tank leak which frustrated me to no end. Decided to just scrap the 5.5 and grabbed a 10gal. Planned the scape before hand and things turned out pretty well as its mostly rock with plants I know will do just fine in the tank. Here's some pics so far. Just need to plant the left side but the LFS I work at didn't have what I needed so should be able to finish tomorrow. Stock is the same except for 3 pygmy gouramis and 5 blue lampeye killi's which are pretty cool
1452230230319.jpg
1452230249370.jpg
1452230265504.jpg

What plants are you planning for the left side? Did you ever learn the cause of the leaks? That's really too bad about that. That's some nice rock you picked up.

Brenna

What plants are you planning for the left side? Did you ever learn the cause of the leaks? That's really too bad about that. That's some nice rock you picked up.

Brenna

Plants will be the same as the right. Just micro sword and dwarf sag.. as for the leak sadly no. They were pretty much in all different places so I couldn't really nail down the cause. I do know the warranty on those size tanks is only 90 days so maybe they're just made poorly? Who knows.. I'm happy with how things turned out tho and I'm glad I was able to get those blue lampeyes. I'd been eyeing them for a while but just didn't have the room in the 5.5

The tank looks nice, I really like the rock.

Would love to see a pic of the lampeyes!

The tank looks nice, I really like the rock.

Would love to see a pic of the lampeyes!

Snapped a few pics finally. Not the best but here they are.
1452807322954.jpg
From what I've read online I went with 1 male and 4 females. Here's a pic with what I believe is a male on the left and 2 of the the females
1452807440489.jpg

Few questions:
So when my tank leaked I put everything in a 2.5 for a few days while I went to visit family in cleveland. Naturally, I left the timer switch on 'always on' and all the micro sword is infested with hair algae as this pic shows.
1452807737880.jpg
It's not suffocating the plant but is unsightly. It's a low tech tank so I just use excel here and there when I remember. If I just followed the dosing instructions on the bottle religously would that do the trick or should I take the time and spot treat? Last are either of the plants in the tank sensitive to excel? Plants are micro sword and dwarf subulata.

Back
Top Bottom