Gravel cleaner recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wilkes

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I am thinking of getting a new gravel cleaner and just wonder if anyone had any recommendations. When It comes to aquatic scaping my tank I have to admit I'm abit of a perfectionist so the thought of destroying the tank whilst cleaning is abit worrying. Anyone aware of any that you can move around plants rocks etc?

So I am thinking of getting a new gravel cleaner and just wonder if anyone had any recommendations. When It comes to aquatic scaping my tank I have to admit I'm abit of a perfectionist so the thought of destroying the tank whilst cleaning is abit worrying. Anyone aware of any that you can move around plants rocks etc?

I use the gravel cleaner sparingly in my planted tanks; mainly just around the 'feeding' rock' where I drop fish food. I've read countless times on these forums that planted tanks do better by not disturbing the mulm on the substrate. I have mts snails that keep the substrate aerated so I don't worry about gas pockets, etc.

In other words, you do not need to destroy your aquascaping. :flowers:

I was thinking of just making something from a piece of hose with a filter on the end so it's abit more accurate but would take a while hmmm

Back
Top Bottom