Gravel for Cory Cats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woah! Thanks for the loads of info! I actually bought a cory today for my aquarium, but I haven't added sand yet and he's doing fine. I will be adding some though soon.

View attachment 154864

Very cute! But I agree that you should get a few more. They are social fish! I got three julii cory cats today and they adjusted super fast and are quite active! Very happy with them :)

You can, but they are way cuter and more active in sand. In gravel, they just wiggle around the little stones. In sand, they actually dig and burrow. They are so cute in sand.

As for temp, it really depends on the exact species you have, but 72-82 F is pretty typical.

Wow, I don't think my goldies would like 72 degrees. But it would be nice to have a Cory or 2, but they should be grouped of 5??

Okay, I know sand is better but if I don't have the room for a sand pit because of live plants, what about topping off my Eco complete with some sand, would that work too? Sorry op, just seems like a good place to post instead of a whole new thread with the same line of questioning!

yes they should be in groups of at least 5 if they want to be happy
or they will die faster and be lonely :sad: :fish:

Ok, I think I could put them in with my Goldfish right? They aren't big enough that a Cory could fit in one of there mouths. The temp of their water I just looked at today is 70 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom