Gravel vacuum..anyone tried Cobalt Power Gravel Cleaner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illuzion7

Aquarium Advice Regular
So the gravel vacuum I have right now is pretty bad. I am not getting enough suction. I see the food but its just sitting there. I have tried numerous times, and still very weak. I like the easy route and saw this and thought I would ask.

I also saw the 25 Foot - Python No Spill Clean and Fill Aquarium Maintenance System. So it fills your tank, but do I need to dechlorinate it before adding? Or can I add as I fill?

I live in a small apartment, and this 5 gallon bucket thing is starting to hurt.

With your current syphon....do you use the bigger plastic tube when suctioning? You can just remove that part and use the small tubing, the smaller diameter will create more suction. But if you have a bigger tank that might be a pain, but it is much better suction. But you should def get yourself the kit. They are SOOO much better then buckets. Most people (including myself) just add the amount of dechlorinator for the entire vomlue of the tank as it is filling.

Thanks! I just watched a YouTube video (looked like it was shot in the early 90's) but it is exactly what I am looking for! I was worried about the dechlorinator being added as you add water. Chlorine is quick and didn't want it to get to my pump. I will just be sure that is off when adding.

I was using Aqueon Large, at it was horrible. It takes me about 5 minutes just to get it primed. I'm going to go with Python, and hopefully that works. If not I still might get the Cobalt.

The python will work great. In an apartment I'd definitely go for the 25' the 50' is way overkill.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! I just watched a YouTube video (looked like it was shot in the early 90's) but it is exactly what I am looking for! I was worried about the dechlorinator being added as you add water. Chlorine is quick and didn't want it to get to my pump. I will just be sure that is off when adding.

I was using Aqueon Large, at it was horrible. It takes me about 5 minutes just to get it primed. I'm going to go with Python, and hopefully that works. If not I still might get the Cobalt.

You can just add dechlorinator after you fill. Dose full tank volume. It's temp matching that's difficult

Back
Top Bottom