Gravel Vacuum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How often should i gravel vacuum my 1 gallon bowl with a rosy red minnow. I know the tanks small. Its been set up with fish for almost a month. How often to water change.

I would do once a week, and change at least 50% of the water once a week.

Ultimately, what you have there is not ideal even for a single minnow. I am assuming you have no heat or filtration, which is not good. It might work out short term, but consider upgrading even to a small 5 gallon tank that has some kind of filtration on it if you intend to stick with the hobby for awhile. 1 gallon bowls aren't suitable for much more than plants and some small shrimp and snail species.

I would do once a week, and change at least 50% of the water once a week.

Ultimately, what you have there is not ideal even for a single minnow. I am assuming you have no heat or filtration, which is not good. It might work out short term, but consider upgrading even to a small 5 gallon tank that has some kind of filtration on it if you intend to stick with the hobby for awhile. 1 gallon bowls aren't suitable for much more than plants and some small shrimp and snail species.

I have been doing every other day water changes :D. Could i split the water changes up to two times a week and 50 percent each time. Rosy red minnows are coldwater fish so can't they live in unheated water.

Back
Top Bottom