Green Macro Algae Growing in Fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cashmoney6980

Aquarium Advice Freak
In the fuge area of my sump I've noticed some green leafy algae growing lately on some of the rubble I got in there. I'm not real sure what it could be, but it doesn't seem to be a nuisance as its not growing real crazy fast or anything.

Any ideas?
image-3132391979.jpg
image-1049881889.jpg

cashmoney6980 said:
In the fuge area of my sump I've noticed some green leafy algae growing lately on some of the rubble I got in there. I'm not real sure what it could be, but it doesn't seem to be a nuisance as its not growing real crazy fast or anything.

Any ideas?

It looks like a green micro algae sea fan

Later if it turns into a wavey green sheet it's gonna be green sea lettuce

Any ideas?

How big is it now?

Well a medium sized turbo snail got grounded for knocking rocks over and got sent to the sump, so he's been eating it down here and there. It's been growing all over the rock in the fuge now, just doesn't get a chance too get real big before getting munched on

It's actually not that bad to have algea in your sump as it cant be seen and will help to eliminate excessive nutrients. As long as it's not in the display tank I'm ok with it.

Back
Top Bottom