Green Severum Aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yaxley

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,

I have had one Green Severum, not sure of the sex, for about two weeks. I decided to introduce another as my two female Sajica Cichlids aren't very friendly with the Severum and I thought a companion might help.

However, the new Green Severum has not been well received, constantly being chased by the other one! Anyone know what the problem might be?

Yax

The original Green Severum- now very hostile since introducing a new one.

Attachments

• image-3428277799.jpg
    image-3428277799.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 113
110Litre or around 28 gal planted build.
I've had to net the original Severum now as he's being very aggressive. I was told they were fairly placid, peaceful things.

110Litre or around 28 gal planted build.
I've had to net the original Severum now as he's being very aggressive. I was told they were fairly placid, peaceful things.

These are not community fish, they require their own territory. Severums grow up to 10" and they don't belong in a little tank, the aggressive one is basically claiming the entire tank to himself, which by the sounds of it the sajica's already did. It's time to rehome both severums and leave the sajica's to themselves since that's the minimum tank size for them. Personally I would rehome both severums and the one female sajica for male.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice I'll get them re-homed ASAP. I'm pretty annoyed they sold them to me without more warning.

Back
Top Bottom