Green spotted puffers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey17

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've kept these before all i wanted to know is if there are any suitable tankmates besides thier wonspecies? I've heard of some people keepthing them with other fish, i just wasn't sure.

It's very difficult to get them to accept anything in their tanks. I have seen them live peacefully with other fish in brackish tanks. The salt seems to have a calming effect...and even still...they are predatory, so no fish is 100% safe. They are also smart assassins to anything they consider too much of a problem...like other aggressive fish. They are well armed and know how to use their weaponry. Not worth trying to find a tank mate.

JMO considering the many trials and errors I've had looking for a suitable tank mate myself.

Green Spotted Puffers are awsome! :)
I had two of them for 2 years, i also had in that tank - 2 danio's, columbian shark cat, spotted pictus cat, rainbow shark.

Not once in two years did the puffers hurt of nip at the other fish.
They are awsome as long as kept in at least pairs. All that scientific crap you hear about these fish is bullshit.
I didn't even have brackish water, I did add about 1 teaspoon of aquarium salt every other week though. Lasted two years setup like this my friend.

Back
Top Bottom