greenhorn just arrived!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, do need more caves. Trying to get a canister filter first. So I can take out the air columns and redecorate. Maybe add more stock after as well.

BTW I am establishing a 20 gallon, I heard these guys are aggressive. So its a quarintine tank for fry or bullys.

Pretty much all the synodontis are best kept in groups of 6 or more. Look at petricola and multipunctatus, they stay small and being from the rift lakes they are good with African cichlids.

Yea, mine are pretty relaxed. However when I had four and introduced two more tank mates, they got a little nippy. They have since calmed down. ( yes I rearanged the tank decor before adding fish) I figured a back up tank would be useful anyhow. My rookie 100% water change made me relize the importance of a back up plan.

Had a bad ich problem and red alage? Cleaned tank and water change multiple times. Still couldn't lick the alage. So I pulled a dumb rookie move cleaned the whole tank and started over. Nutrafin instant cycle saved my stock. Lucky really, since then I have joined this site and read a lot. Now I have a scheduled wc and gravel cleaning. Still have a lot to learn. But knowledge is power.

Me too, I love it. Get different views on problems too. BTW if I read correctly Congrats on your JD fry! My electric yellows have been doing a little dance and settling a nest, its exciting to watch. It seems like they have so much personality compared to tetras, guppys and exct... Nothing against other breeds but I feel like I have mini dogs in a tank. They even greet me when I get home.

Ok, found a xp3 rena canister filter used. Says 350 gph and 3 media baskets for 50$. Would this work, efficient enough? And what do you run in your media baskets?

Back
Top Bottom