Growing taller?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMojo

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's everyone's height and age. and when did you stop growing

i think im very short

5"3 , 15 years, male

5"3 looks ok on girls, but on a guy, i think its ugly.

anyways, im asian, so that probably contributed to my shortness, my mom is about 4"11, my dad is about 5"5, and my grandparents werent much taller. I guess im pretty screwed eh? Also as part of asthma med, im taking steroids which to my knowledge stunts growth.

what do you guys think. any chance for me to be at least 5"7??

I think guys can grown till about 18, is that right? Eat your veggies, that is what my mom always said...don't be hard on yourself, everyone is different and has something they don't like about themselves! I'm sure all your good qualities way supercede your size!

I'm 35 and 5 foot 9. Don't know when I stopped growing for sure...long ago.

I am 39 also and 5' tall, and boy another 3" would sure help me out in terms of functioning in society, lol.

I have run into a few guys I used to know in high school, and if I had not been told their names I would not have recognized them, because they were about a foot and a half taller than they were in high school, so at least for some males they have a growth spurt late. Women stop growing usually around 15-16, though, from what I understand. Genetics is the best indicator, though, so if your relatives are short chances are you will be as well. I can think of worse things. :D

Stopped growing heightwise at about 20. Started growing lengthwise at about the same time.

Current height - 6'2'

My oldest son (who is currently 22 years old) had chronic asthma until he reached 16 years. He took steriods since he was 2 years. He is currently 6'4"

I'm 21 and 5'10

I can't wear anything higher than kitten heels with my boyfriend, or ill end up being taller than him

37 years old & 6' even...My family doc told me & my mom at a check up in 7th grade to quit basketball because "you're not going to grow anymore" !! I was about 5 FT at the time. What a jerk! I was devastated & cried on the drive home. Looking back, it was an odd things for him to say since I hadn't hit puberty yet! :biglol:

Jchillin said:
Stopped growing heightwise at about 20. Started growing lengthwise at about the same time.
:lach:

I stopped growing at about 20, but I did not begin my expansion project until I got married at age 27. I am now 32 and am 5'10.5" tall (I need that half inch).

My uncle sure is, I saw him a month or so ago and now I am taller than him!! He's 62 I think...and shrinking! Scary...

It all has to do with your family. I am 5' 9" at 23 and still one of the shortest people in my family. I mean my grandmother is still taller than I am. And will all ways be.

I come from a family of very large (tall) women. I am the shortest in my whole family.
I am 5'6", 27 years(almost :D ). I think I stopped growing around 16 or 17. My husband is the tiniest bit shorter than I am and he is 31. My 18 year old sister is something close to 6 feet, my mom is also something like 5'10". I have heard that some of my other long gone relatives (we are talking female here) were well over 6 feet. I like being on the short side.

Meredith said:
I have heard that some of my other long gone relatives (we are talking female here) were well over 6 feet. I like being on the short side.

Any chance the female members of your family inhabited the Amazon region of South America in years past?

Jchillin said:
Meredith said:
I have heard that some of my other long gone relatives (we are talking female here) were well over 6 feet. I like being on the short side.

Any chance the female members of your family inhabited the Amazon region of South America in years past?

LOL! The women on this side of my family are portuguese.

TankGirl said:
Whaddaya mean, shrinking.... Noooooooooo!!! 8O
Your joints and bones wear down, and you start to slump over (maybe your head is too heavy for your neck bones?) and you just *appear* to shrink

Growth can and does occur right up until your 21st year, so don't fret just yet...however, long-bone growth slows dramatically after about 15. I am about 5'11½", mid thirties, and I have been that tall for about 20 years now.

I know that as I age, osteopenia, then osteoporosis, and the subsequent compression of my spine will "shrink" me, but it sure is hard to accept. My mother is definitely shorter than she used to be. :|

I think I stopped growing at around 14 or 15, I can't remember for sure though. I'm 25 now and ended up at about 5'8.5". I also can't wear heels much with my BF being only about 5'9" but I dress up so seldom it doesn't really matter. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom