Growth on Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another picture update the rear is started to look like there is a chunk bitten out of it. Could this be the start of it going?

Attachments

• image-3014923524.jpg
    image-3014923524.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 105
Ok so the missing chunk is larger today again. I really hope it's starting to go now I'm not sure he could cope with it any bigger.

Any updates on this? I have been reading, I just wish I could contribute, but my knowledge is very minimal. :(

Yes another update, there is more missing today however he's got a little bit of furry growth so I'm thinking of whether to give meds now or wait a day or so. I only have maracyn 2 or myxazin here though. I've added two pics one from each side. On his left side there is like a white tendril, but I'm not sure if that's what's left of his fin as the lump has grown through it.
Any advice would be great

Attachments

• image-1303242585.jpg
    image-1303242585.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 91
  • image-996718229.jpg
    image-996718229.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 90
It does look better! If you haven't started treating for the fuzzies that showed up, I would do that. No sense in him getting an infection when he's trying to fight this thing?

No that is very true although earlier I saw bits coming off it so wanted to do daily water changes to get as much out of the water as I could but that would be problematic with meds in there

Hurrah! Even more has come off the top looks like an apple someone has taken a huge bite out off! The furry bit is still there and his other fins are starting to look slightly ragged but I'm going to wait a day or two before medicating, I've order somemore maracyn plus and maracyn so I have the right things on hand.

I've also discovered that I got my boy a year ago this week so I'm hoping to get him back to his former glory ASAP!

Hurrah! Even more has come off the top looks like an apple someone has taken a huge bite out off! The furry bit is still there and his other fins are starting to look slightly ragged but I'm going to wait a day or two before medicating, I've order somemore maracyn plus and maracyn so I have the right things on hand.

I've also discovered that I got my boy a year ago this week so I'm hoping to get him back to his former glory ASAP!

Congrats:D! I'm hoping he pulls out!

Update!! Well the majority of the growth has come off and it's a bit of a half moon on his back now.
I can see the scales on his back underneath a thin layer of white and he's doing so well.
I can't get any pics at the minute as the light has gone on the tank and I'm waiting for the new starter to be fitted so he can have some light!!

I will soon. My lighting fixture had bust and I'm waiting for my brother to come fit the new one

Right here is the latest, it's looking good but whats left isn't showing any signs of going. I'm going to run a course of maracyn plus to just try and help his fins a little as thy are looking quite ragged now

Attachments

• image-3101532070.jpg
    image-3101532070.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 99
Latest pic incase anyone is interested; he's done really well. I haven't run any treatment yet as I've had to keep changing the water.
However he's pretty much lost his top fin so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue and his remaining fins are full of holes. So may have to ditch the water changes to do a treatment.
Thanks to those who have helped

Attachments

• image-636807214.jpg
    image-636807214.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 107
Latest pic incase anyone is interested; he's done really well. I haven't run any treatment yet as I've had to keep changing the water.
However he's pretty much lost his top fin so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue and his remaining fins are full of holes. So may have to ditch the water changes to do a treatment.
Thanks to those who have helped

Looking better everyday!

Thats great news! He is fighting it! There may be some permanent damage to his fin and some scar tissue but it will not affect his quality of life. Keep up the great job taking care of him! :)

Thanks jlk yeah I think his body is never soung to go back to a normal shape, and as long as him missing a top fin won't harm him I'm happy ?

I hope the greying scales on his body are getting better and retreating. Any photos to compare?

Here's the latest pic. He seems to be having some issues manoeuvring today so the tank ha had a super clean and ill start the maracyn plus tomorrow once it's all settled

Attachments

• image-2727553116.jpg
    image-2727553116.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom