GuppieGirl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StickyOto

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi -

I'm stickyoto's mom. Keeping fish is her hobby but taking care of them appears to be my job :) I've got a PhD in biology (microbiology!) so I got way more sucked into this hobby than I ever expected since we are s-l-o-w-l-y cycling her first (10g) tank with fish already in it. I didn't know a THING about fish before my sister set her up with her first tank or else I think we'd have tried a fishless cycle. Live and learn. Now I am nursemaid to an otocat we never should have bought (bad advice from the LFS) and helping her prepare to set up a 29g so the 10g can become a quarantine/nursery/hospital tank.

Anyway.... I thought I'd make my own account instead of sometimes better-articulating her questions for her through her account.

Wow.... I wish my mom would take care of my fish when i go to collage!!! Haha good job

Welcome. Good on you for taking such good care of stickyoto's fish.

Welcome to A.A. looking forward to seeing your contributions as a microbiologist as well as a parental fish keeper.

Welcome!!! I'm the mom / fish babysitter here too so I can appreciate it LOL

Back
Top Bottom