Guppy Nipping at Platy's Tail Fin! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please help me! I have just isolated my Platy from the rest of my fish beacuse I saw that my yellow guppy has been harrasing it. And then when I looked closer I saw that its tail fin look like shredded(not majorley) compared to my other platy of the same species. My platy is not swimming right so she is in a breeding box temporarily! She swims face down tail up and even on her side on the bottom! Is she ill? Can someone please help me!! D:

Tank:10 gallon
Fish:Guppies, Platys, Barb, Glo Fish
Plants: 2
Algae-none
PH: 7.3

please someone help me! Its VERYY URGENT! D:

Ok, i put her in the breeding trap and she is only on the bottom and she is on her side!

could be trying to breed with her,is the guppy a male? that tank is too small for barbs and glofish.

How long has the tank been set up? Do you have a test kit?

It's not unusual for other fish to nip at tails of fish that have rot or wounds. You definitely did the right thing by separating it.

from my experience iits usually the guppies getting picked on. Those two fish cannot interbreed. I cant come up with a reason why the guppy would nip at a platy. I always say though to watch out for the breeeder traps cause it will stress fish out. if she is swimming sideways and upside down it may be a sign of ammonia or nitrate or nitrite poisoning

Back
Top Bottom