Had to replace that old 29....sad?? Nope..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403363088.756062.jpg

I hide my diffuser behind my plants

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403363152.150586.jpg

Here it is pulled out

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403363191.278918.jpg

I also have a power head next to the bubble stream to disperse the co2 throughout the tank.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403363547.364634.jpg

I use an apple juice bottle from Walmart as my reactor and use a 20oz Gatorade bottle bubble counter/overflow

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403364222.158640.jpg

The reactor and bubble counter/overflow

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403364507.010252.jpg

Top of the reactor. I drilled a small hole in the top. Big enough to make it tough to pull through regular air line tubing.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403364652.241110.jpg

Here is the bubble counter/ overflow top. The airline tubing on the left goes into the tank. The right tube is from the reactor and keeps going another 5in into the overflow into water that's half way filled

Excellent! Thanks man.. I'm thinking I'll use 2 gallon jugs for reactors and a 20 oz. Bubble counter.. than I'll run it all into a spare hob filter I have for now.. tank needs more flow anyways..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pitbully - Nice caulk less job with the lids. I don't have patience waiting for caulk or silicon to dry. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"
Brookster - Just a tip on reducing leaks where the tubing runs through the lid: Make sure that the hole is smaller than the tubing (obviously) and cut the end of the tubing at a very sharp angle. Push the tip through the hole in the lid and use needle nose pliers to pull it through. You can then recut straight ends on the tubing for a clean look.

Pitbully - Nice caulk less job with the lids. I don't have patience waiting for caulk or silicon to dry. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"
Brookster - Just a tip on reducing leaks where the tubing runs through the lid: Make sure that the hole is smaller than the tubing (obviously) and cut the end of the tubing at a very sharp angle. Push the tip through the hole in the lid and use needle nose pliers to pull it through. You can then recut straight ends on the tubing for a clean look.

Hahaha. Ain't nobody got time for that....love that video.

Great tip. That's exactly what I did.

Than the smoke got me!!! Got bronchitis ahaha... yah so I had a power head in the 29 but I think It will be to much in here. I have a aqueon 20 and 30 in the extras bin so I'll put one of those to work as a dedicated co2 dispenser. That will be a ac 70, penguin 200 and the aqueon.. that should keep all the poo off the bottom huh??

Diy co2 officially up and bubbellangggg! So does this mean I'm like sort of come to the darkside? Like the darkside with a nightlight because I'm still a little scared of the darkness?? Either way I'm digging the bubble counter..

Attachments

• 1403564684476.jpg
    1403564684476.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 59
Nice one brookster!! I think this is a move you will not regret! Defo looking forward to seeing even better growth in your tank now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh yeah, nice rig! Welcome to the dark side....phase one. Lol. Going pressurized is the full transformation, but don't worry.... I'm still scared of the dark.

Haha, this thing is already cranking, well I think so anyways. What's a good bubble count per second? I just set up the new ac70, the aqueon 30 was too much additional flow so I moved around all my filters to free up a aqueon 20 which is perfect.. i should have just gotten a canister haha.. oh well.. at this point I want to use as much crap lying around as i can.. sit back and grow some plants wooo

My system is currently running at a blistering speed of 1 bubble per 2 seconds. lol

My system is currently running at a blistering speed of 1 bubble per 2 seconds. lol

Does it stay pretty consistent from recharge to spent? Mine started up after about 45 min and it's probably around 1 bubble every 2 seconds too..

Cool, will all the surface agitation have a negative effect on co2 uptake? Would it make sense to put the co2 filter on the light timer?

Cool, will all the surface agitation have a negative effect on co2 uptake? Would it make sense to put the co2 filter on the light timer?

Lots of surface agitation can negate CO2 infusion. How much? Idk
Now that's an idea (hob on timer). When it's not on there won't be much mixing of CO2 and water. You could give that a try.
I just felt that the amount of CO2 was not too much while using DYI to merit off gassing at night. Drop checker never turned yellow at night or early morning.

It's not like surface chop from an air stone. Just some hob current.. i don't know, I'm winging it at this point anyways, tanks only weeks old, I need the flow right anyways for ferts and poo - less substrate anyways. . I'm going to order an ada co2 indicator so I'll really know what time it is... thanks for all the pointers guys!

I was thinking it'd be pretty cool if my plants got to pearling from the diy co2. . Came home to find a bubble pop out the ar mini, than another. .it's nothing like sk3lly or OS vids but I'm still pretty pumped!

I was thinking it'd be pretty cool if my plants got to pearling from the diy co2. . Came home to find a bubble pop out the ar mini, than another. .it's nothing like sk3lly or OS vids but I'm still pretty pumped!

I get a few, but like you said not nearly as much as sk3lly or OS.

Back
Top Bottom