Had to replace that old 29....sad?? Nope..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure yet which way I want to go with it. But whatever i decide I want the options to grow whatever I want. I just want to buy one and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not sure yet which way I want to go with it. But whatever i decide I want the options to grow whatever I want. I just want to buy one and done.

Makes sense.. wish I did the same thing.. now I have $200 worth of lights I don't need..
I just checked, eseries doesn't offer a 30" version?? That could be an issue..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
I know, I was concerned with that as well. I might just have to squat and hold for a bit.

The shrimp pimp will be in business soon. Papa needs a new light.

I know, I was concerned with that as well. I might just have to squat and hold for a bit.

The shrimp pimp will be in business soon. Papa needs a new light.

Haha I like that one.. shrimp pimp ' s hand is strong.. just get 2 finnex and be done with it;)

I started setting up the newish 20 long today but got interrupted by having to replace my power steering pump

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1404496570993.jpg
    1404496570993.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 57
Sweet! Like that dw.. what's going to swim in there?

Sweet! Like that dw.. what's going to swim in there?

Rhinogobius duospilus if I win the auction otherwise I'll probably add more wood, a bunch of almond leaves and move the bitaeniata trio in.

I also have a pretty big collection of driftwood, if I see a awesome piece I buy it whether it can go in a tank at that moment or not, it comes in handy for rescapes lol.

Those are some wild looking fish.. what do they go for? Big bucks?
I hear you.. i have a small collection of rocks and wood forming in a bucket under the table haha. What are your thoughts on using rocks collected on the beach.. not coral or barnacles..

Last edited:
@Gillie - my OCD says to slide the DW to the left or right a bit. But that's my OCD talking. Very interesting piece.

@Brookster - will be posting an update on my tank on my thread very soon. After a week long absence I came back to find that the pogo erectus suffered the most in the absence of daily ferts. All of the emersed growth wilted and turned to much. The minimal submersed growth is doing fine. The R wallichii Is about the same. Just checking to see if you've seen the same thing with those same plants.
Btw I am sending you a little precip courtesy of Arthur. I wimped out and left a few days early.

The pogo went south quick, I clipped and replanted and the small sprouts look excellent.. seem be taking root.. the walichi is looking ok.. tops are nice and red and the lower section is questionable.. the new lights ought to whip them right into shape.. hey Thanks for the storm.. drive to the Cape was exciting to say the leastm.

The pogo went south quick, I clipped and replanted and the small sprouts look excellent.. seem be taking root.. the walichi is looking ok.. tops are nice and red and the lower section is questionable.. the new lights ought to whip them right into shape.. hey Thanks for the storm.. drive to the Cape was exciting to say the leastm.

Good to hear about the pogo. Grown emersed was the only comment/con I read about from the site I purchased them.
Did not hang around for the 100 mph winds. Probably would have been fine but I do enjoy being home now (confession: I missed my tanks!)

I always miss the tanks.. it's borderline unhealthy at this point..

Those are some wild looking fish.. what do they go for? Big bucks?
I hear you.. i have a small collection of rocks and wood forming in a bucket under the table haha. What are your thoughts on using rocks collected on the beach.. not coral or barnacles..

I won the auction gobies will be swimming in the 20. It cost me 42 bucks shipped for the 6, I can't wait to have a breeding colony of these guys again.
As for the rocks definitely treat them as other rocks a good bleach cleaning, a proper rinsing and you should be good.

I won the auction gobies will be swimming in the 20. It cost me 42 bucks shipped for the 6, I can't wait to have a breeding colony of these guys again.
As for the rocks definitely treat them as other rocks a good bleach cleaning, a proper rinsing and you should be good.

Oh perfect, send me a pair;)

Sweet rockscape gillie! Those gobies are going to live battling over all that territory! So a bit of concerning news on the 30b, noticed a small puddle under the front corner this morning.. I'm really hoping it's from the cat messing about and it's not me newly setup planted tank leaking.. it would be devastating to tear that baby down so soon. At any rate I'm going to grab a 40b at the petco sale, I can always return it later if I don't need it.. the lights are 36" so I'd tailor any future build to them, they should be in soon and ill.post some pics then. Stay tuned!!

I like it but I don't want to do a teardown abd rescape this weekend. .at all...

It's official, leaky mcleakster, I'm bummin.. so much work down the tubes.. new 40b build.this weekend it is.. I've got some words for uncle Ned and his leaky tanks...

Back
Top Bottom