Hagan - Fluval - Customer Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Called the number on the website and call was answered on the second ring and the person who answered assisted me excellently!

My light bar on my 6.6G Edge tank has one light base, the part which the bulb plugs into, it is the halogen /older style which was flaking off. Only one side, second side was like new.

Anyhow I called them and then after some discussion about what the problem was, said they would send me a replacement, the LED part because it would be covered under warranty. I appreciate that they did it right away.

Thought I would share my very positive experience. The item was a gift and I didn't have any back up for the warranty. Very good for me that they helped me!

Great to hear. All too often we hear about customer service gone awry. Thanks for taking the time to share a positive experience!

Whenever I've phoned Hagen, for either business or customer service needs, I get straight through to reception, who pop me on to the relevant department. But every single time, answer machine (which I'm always assured I will get a call back). Nope, Zip - Nada.

Really irritates me, takes them ages to reply to emails too. Although Eheim are even worse for that, even if I email them in German.

Well, I make sure to let anybody know when I have been treated badly, so I feel it is nice to offer up a good review when I can!

Wow, if you emailed in German and no decent response???

I felt pretty lucky to get prompt service. :)

Years ago, Hagen had a change in suppliers for the foam the use to make aquaclear sponges. The new supplier was briefly making them wrong, with a too-tight-celled foam that STANK of VOC's. It didn't let water flow through properly. Rather than return the product to the store, I called Hagen. They apologized and offered to send me a 'care package' for my trouble. I didn't know what that meant but I said ok. Within a few days I got a big box with 5 large jars of food, a 3 pack of Aquaclear 70 sponges, a 3 pack of Aquaclear 70 carbon, a big bottle of Aqua Plus, and a big bottle of Cycle.

I only used the sponges but I really appreciated the gesture. I've remained loyal to Hagen because of it.

Years ago, Hagen had a change in suppliers for the foam the use to make aquaclear sponges. The new supplier was briefly making them wrong, with a too-tight-celled foam that STANK of VOC's. It didn't let water flow through properly. Rather than return the product to the store, I called Hagen. They apologized and offered to send me a 'care package' for my trouble. I didn't know what that meant but I said ok. Within a few days I got a big box with 5 large jars of food, a 3 pack of Aquaclear 70 sponges, a 3 pack of Aquaclear 70 carbon, a big bottle of Aqua Plus, and a big bottle of Cycle.

I only used the sponges but I really appreciated the gesture. I've remained loyal to Hagen because of it.

Wow, that is very nice.

AFTER the rep said she would send the package, I told her that in addition to the 6.6G, I also had a 12G and a Chi, so that I really like them!!!

Back
Top Bottom