Hammer Coral Flesh Coming Out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefin247

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought the hammer coral saturday, when I was placing the coral I felt a piece of the shell break and in 2 days this is what I have. Is this coral going to die or can it save itself... All para.. are within specs except for nitrate = 20 ppm... Hence the red slime.

ForumRunner_20130625_122714.jpg

The red slime is just a pain in the butt. Had an algea bloom after my Ro/Di & Protein skimmer went down a couple days of each other. I used some water from a watermill express ( supposed to go through 11 different filtrations including Ro ) and found the water quality is terrible there. I tested their water and it had a tds of 50+ and phosphates of 10.0+. Since then I have done 25% water change with quality water... ordered new Ro/di unit... p
Protein Skimmer has new pump and up and running. Phosphates media bag has dropped phosphates down to .25.

Try adding another power head and give it more circulation till it goes away, worked for me!
Another thing you can do is when your doing a water change, take out any rock with slime on it and scrub it down with a brush in the water your going to through out!

Back
Top Bottom