Hands in the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what do you do to prep your hands before putting them in the tank. I have never had a problem when i stick my arm in the tank but i never know if i might have soap on them or something.

I think just rinsing your hand off good and well in hot freshwater without soap is all you need to do. Make sure any lotion or whatever are off. You might also take off jewley. Warmer and cooler temps can cause your finger to swell (New discovery for me) so rings might fall off, and waterproof watches might not be as waterproof as they like to claim. Also, I imagine bracelets and such might be prone to trapping lotion in them.

I just give them a rinse and in I go. I do try to avoid oil and other gooey or partially toxic liquids before putting my hands in the tank.

While I always recommend rinsing your hands first, I often forget to. I have my hands in my tanks all the time. I do, of course, remember to if I've touched anything I'd be really nervous about being in my tank.

try to remember and rinse them off before putting them in t tank, but must admit have put them in many a tome without doing so..

Probably best to though, especially if you have been doing anything with chemicals beforehand, ie washing up

Back
Top Bottom