happy days, got my betta today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bambithegirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all. I finally got my beautiful halfmoon white and blue betta today. Took my time acclimatizing him and after my big WC yesterday it did bring my sky high nitrates down to a manageable level. Got him from a great fish storestore. They tested my water for free and threw in some plants too. He looks pretty happy, he is exploring the whole tank and is pretty lively. My one question is, I only now realised (since up until now I have had no fish in the tank) that both the sides of the tank are mirrored. Is this going to freak him out? Is he constantly thinking there is another fish in the tank? Another (possibly) dumb question is, are they sensitive to sound? My boyfriend practices violin and other instruments in the same room?

When I bred Beta fish, we actually put a small mirror in each of the male's tanks. They flare at them. It's kind of entertaining, and gives them exercise as well. Just watch him. If he's spending a lot of time next to the mirrored sections, you can always buy background and place that over the mirrored sides or opt for a different tank. Sound never seemed to bother ours.

Back
Top Bottom