Harlequin Rasboras: Breeding Behaviour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewToFish1989

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 5 Harlequin Rasboras, believe I had 3 males and 2 females, believe females have chubby tummies correct? Where as males are much slimmer?

Well today been watching two males chasing, but not attacking a female and then one male, again chasing and not attacking a male away from the female when ever one male gets to close. Is this breeding behaviour?

They have been doing this all afternoon, one seems to hate one male getting to close to one specific female.

Be cute if it is and some eggs came out of it :D

My harlequin rasboras are doing the EXACT same thing! Only difference is two of them go underneath leaves and flip upside down. I think they are laying eggs.

Let's get this thread going.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions on what to do if I soon have eggs or spot eggs.
I'll be glad to upload a picture of what is happening.

Here is what I think is them breeding. Can I remove the plant to a smaller tank? I read fry hatch in 24 hours.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131023_233807.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131023_233807.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 160
Update, my two females laid eggs yesterday afternoon, was laying for around 2 hours. funny they didn't use the plants they used the themomter and one if the orenments lol

Can you visually see the eggs? If they laid yesterday, that means that should hatch today!

Lol did you see them and watch it happen?
How many did you get?

They will spwan again, so next time be ready and move the object when you feel there are enough eggs. They will put the rest somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom