Harlequin Rasboras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

libertybelle

Aquarium Advice Addict
"Rasbora heteromorpha generally spawns on the undersides of broad-leaved plants. A breeding tank with shallow, warm, acidic, soft water with broad-leaved plants should be set up. To encourage spawning, pair a young (9-12 months old) female Harlequin Rasbora with a two-year old male and offer live food items. After spawning, remove the parents and keep the aquarium dark until the eggs hatch (after about 24 hours). Feed the fry infusoria..."

OR...
1) buy a couple of harlequin's at petsmart...
2) throw them into sparkling new quarantine tank with just a bit of cycled filter media in the filter for long enough to make sure they don't have ick
3) toss the adults in the main tank.
4) Ignore the tank for a few days.
5) Wonder what to do with all these adorable baby Harlequins.

They're so cute.... but I really don't need an extra couple dozen baby harlequins in my main tank...

This is how people end up with so many tanks...

Does anyone know about how old these guys will have to get before their parents won't consider them a snack in the main tank?

Just curious how fast they grow!

Does anyone know about how old these guys will have to get before their parents won't consider them a snack in the main tank?

Just curious how fast they grow!

I would say, big enough not to fit easily in their mouth ? Haven't bred this species. Mine were typically non aggressive. Tried to spawn after water changes, but tank mates ate any eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom