Harmys official 75g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im guessing the tang is my only questin mark? The order looks right? I know the mandarin is a shy fish and should prolly go before the clown but really want a good pod population before i get it.
You could jump start the pods by adding some live pods that would really help your populations going.

You could jump start the pods by adding some live pods that would really help your populations going.

Thats the plan. Once the cycle finishes, i plan on getting a small clean up crew. And get the fuge running adding cheato and some pods. Then get the first fish and wait a month or 2 pick up some zoas and my second fish

We have simalure setups

Hi, my name is Isaac, first post here, first time ever on this forum, and I have realy enjoyed sitting here for the past hr or so reading from page one of your progress. Not new to salt water myself, but was out of it for serveral years after my last setup was in a house fire and wiped out. Anyway, back to present day, I now have the same tank u have, minus the sump which iam contimplating building one, anyway reason I'm posting is because you want the same fish I have lol
I have a pair of Perc clowns, and beleave it or not aganst what the LFS told me (remember I'm not new to this, was just rusty) I actuly STARTED my tank with then, after a good two cycling months with all the old (then dryed and cleaned) from years ago, a few treatments of biozime, and some new (live) rock, that was going on a year ago, I also have a scooter blenny, a magenta pcrom (spelling unsure?) and also a 4-1/2"ish blue hippo tang (yes in a 75) with no probs! Had him for about 5 months now!
Also have a bunch of floesent green star polyps, a giant featherduster, and a couple turbo snails.

I am running an ehiem canister(with carbon which I change once a month), and 2 power head pulling full ugf, (plans to change to
rugf)
that's it, now with all that said, I also do 10% water changes about every 5-7 days, with ro.
Sorry to blab on, I just wanted to give some positives to having a hippo in there, and maybe give you some insite to someone that has the same sized tank with most of the same fish u want. :)
hope this helps and I'm tagging along! Keep up the greatwork!

Thanks for taking the time to read the whole thread. Not alot of exciting stuff. But can give a look at setting up a tank.

I guess i do believe a blue tang can be kept in a 75 and i think it can live a good life. Alot of people do it. Just gotta google blue tang and 75 gallon to see it can be done.but i do very much respect peoples opinion here. What i can say i wont attempt to try it till im comftable with saltwater. This is my first saltwater tank. And i dont want to go looking for trouble. If the time comes where i feel confident ill look into it a little more.

Hmm test results.

Ammonia 0ppm yellow

Nitrites no2 2.0 ppm. Not a big shade of purple diffrence between 2 and 5 but im pretty sure it was at 2

Nitrates no3 20ppm orange for a min i thought was going to be at 40 ppm but it stopped at 20.

Tips on cleaning salt creep? Got it on the front of my tank. No biggie. But on the top brace and corners. Is it bad if it falls back into tank? Thats what im worried about

Me again. Ordered a return pump. Went with the mag 9.5 at a 6 foot return it puts out 750 gph. I have just under a 4 foot return with 2 90degree elbows to put me equal to about 6 foot.so i should be good. Got me some heaters for the tank and for the qt. Got some food and garlic enhancer. Will need to figure out other food to get. Got omnivore pellots. May get some from reefcleaners. They have a blend i think. Then find some type of froozen treat. Got a med size net. 8 inches i believe. 2 3inch noozles for the end of the return. A dip and pour container like they gave in pet stores. and i also ordered the reef test kit.

Only things i really have left i think are lights and hob skimmer.

Well this sucks. Got email saying my fed ex delivery was delivered. It wasnt. Was home all day. Called them to open a claim. Now i wonder where my package is. Blah. Was looking forward to getting my sump set up

Dan. no problem adding that salt back into your tank. All I use is a damp rag and wipe the salt away. I use my finger to pickup the salt that gets on the brackets and then stick my finger into the tank to let the salt flow back into the tank, lol

Well this sucks. Got email saying my fed ex delivery was delivered. It wasnt. Was home all day. Called them to open a claim. Now i wonder where my package is. Blah. Was looking forward to getting my sump set up

That happened to me and they had delivered to a house down the bottom of the my hill. Might want to call your neighbors...

Well just got a text that my package showed up. Was delivered to someone on the other side of town. They tracked my house down and dropped it off. How it got dropped off on the other side of town i dunno. Just glad i got it.

Still have a high concintration on nitrites. Its not going down. I was sure it would be. maybe i need to find theraw shrimp and take them out. I dunno. I wouldnt think that would do it. Ammonia is 0. Nitrites are 5 and nitrates are 20-40. Fact i have nitrates should mean a decline in nitrites. so im not sure.

Back
Top Bottom