Has my angel got dropsy ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jayde28

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I’ve been keeping fish for a while and this has struck me. My female angel fish stopped eating about a week ago, although still acting normally. Please advise me.

I have a 160ltr tank which has 2 angel fish and 6 mollies so far in there. I have had the fish for over a year now.

Water parameters are as follows. Ammonia 0, nitrate 0, nitrite 5ppm, any help in this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• B12BB683-DF29-4D64-B1F5-9CBD4A557201.jpg
    B12BB683-DF29-4D64-B1F5-9CBD4A557201.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 438
  • 7FEC1AEF-B0DE-4341-AC16-7513049F3A92.jpg
    7FEC1AEF-B0DE-4341-AC16-7513049F3A92.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 139
  • E92D2740-BEE8-4BE2-B469-1EF6AE663827.jpg
    E92D2740-BEE8-4BE2-B469-1EF6AE663827.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 100
Perhaps a bit bloated around belly but I can't see any lifting of the scales. Are you seeing the scales edging up?

The angel looks stunted in growth..
Look at the size of eyes compared to rest of fish..
They are large while fish is still small...
Also may be a pearlscale which gives each scale a noticeable appearance .

I haven’t really noticed any lifting of the scales but they are more noticable then my other angel and yh she was stunted before I got her.

I got advised to just keep the tank clean and do 50% water change twice a week for a few weeks, if you have any more advice that would be appreciated but I’m not sure if it is reversible [emoji17]

She is eating however not as nearly as much as before. She has about 2 bites and then not interested anymore [emoji17]

Sounds like she's stressed out maybe from ur Molly's. Regardless how long they all been together. They all grow and change. Might wanta try giving ur angels (or just her) own space, with stress coat, and some yummy blood warms. Ur water is fine with those levels. Or u could just try a divider, Angels r territorial, 6 Molly's swimming around like they own the place might b taking a toll on her. Another question is r u breeding her?

Oh, and male Molly's get nippy when they get older. I'd watch them in that tank with ur angels.

They seem fine together when I’m watching them but I don’t know what goes on when the lights are off so that could be something for me to consider.

No I’m not breeding her, I didn’t realise I had a male and female when I got them as they were tiny.

And how would I go about getting a divider?

EBay, Amazon, or local fish store. Or look up " DIY fish tank divider" online. Just make ur own, just to try it out and alot cheaper. Some people use window screen or hook rug plastic, that way everything is still filtering.

Ok then I will have a look into that thank you for your help

Yh they are beautiful fish, they are just a lot more complicated than you first realise, I’ve had them for over a year and I’m learning all the time, but I enjoy it [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom