Have a 180 gallon with African cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostInFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had for a yr now this 180 gallon setup. I slowly add fish If I find a nice looking one that is approx the same size as the others. They all seem to do well together. I have fish from the 3 lakes Victoria,Tanganyika,Malawi... I feed daily with different things like new life spectrum,Dianichi,brineshrimp,bloodworms,spirulina flakes, and algae wafers. I have been in the hobby for 2 yrs have had a red tail catfish and discus and other fish all in different tanks of course. I like to watch my fish for hours. So relaxing it's my get away sometimes. I currently have about 30 or so Africans and don't really plan on adding any more. But u never know lol..

Any cool fish you think I could add to the tank. I like colorful fish like my lemon jake peacock he's awesome blue an yellow?

Eurika red Jakes are really cool I have one and he is amazing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Umm....I think your forgot to post the pictures :)

A 180 full of mixed african cichlids sounds like a cool setup.

Sorry I'm new to the forum and I'm out of town right now but when I return home I will post some pics of the whole tank. Thanks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408210653.775382.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408210710.203053.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408210735.818213.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408292991.303571.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408293012.690111.jpghere is a few more piCs of my tank hope u like it. Do u think anything is missing besides a few more cool fish?!

This is my tank that I bought while trying to keep things cheap 180 gallon clarity plus tank with eshopps 200 wet dry filter with mag9 pump along with 2x fluval 405 canister filters and a Q2 air pump for bubble effects. Lights are dual T5 Glo lights x2 and my home made stand I have about 800$ into it with around 100$ in decorations and who knows on fish lmao last time I checked it was over 350$ just in fish. So about 1,200$ into it and I love it.

Awesome tank setup I hope to have something like that in the future

Thanks it's taken a lot of my time and money but we'll worth the hassle I enjoy it. I use a 44 gallon Rubbermaid trash can with a 1/3 hp pump to do water changes it's the best way to do it for me with this big tank.

Ya I bet how do you get water back into it

I pump the bad water out down the drain then Fill the trash can with clean water and add dechlorinator and pump back into the tank works awesome takes about 5-7 min a tank

Back
Top Bottom