Have a bit of a problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer114

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a bit of a problem I've got a 15 gallon tank fully cycled 79fht I have a male beeta and 7 tetras and 3ghost shrimp one of my tetras is attacking beeta other tetras and shrimp it's just the one I've been watching him for about a week now what are my options I have a separate 3 gal tank but as I understand there school fish and don't really want to put him on his own he is the largest tetra in there

Hopefully someone else can help. I have never in my life heard of an aggressive neon tetra :confused:

Actually neons as well as many other fish known for being good community fish can get aggressive but usually the aggression stays within the school. There are a couple things you can try such as removing the offending neon, rearrange the tank, then add him back in. Sometimes this tricks the aggressor into thinking it's in a new tank where it doesn't view the tank as it's territory. Adding more neon's can sometimes help or as a last resort rehoming him.

My cardinal tetras were aggressive towards my betta for a little while too. It seems that they were just sorting out a pecking order. They left him alone after a little while.

I was lucky my now 12 neons have never caused any issues with the Betta in their 12g. Sometimes you just get an aggressive fish, which mostly seem to be males. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom