Heater help !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Asherly_x

Aquarium Advice Regular
May be a silly question but if water is too cold is it normal for fish to sit on the bottom? I've got a marina heater and a light comes on whenever you turn it round so far. Water feels cold to touch and is reading between 24 and 26 degrees Celsius starting to panic I wake up to no fish :(

May be a silly question but if water is too cold is it normal for fish to sit on the bottom? I've got a marina heater and a light comes on whenever you turn it round so far. Water feels cold to touch and is reading between 24 and 26 degrees Celsius starting to panic I wake up to no fish :(

Not silly if you don't know the answer which is yes. Fish in nature are less active in winter vs. summer.
Water feels cold because our body temp is 98.6 generally so temps of 76-78 degrees F feel cool but it's fine for tropical fish.
What are your water parameters?
What kind/ s of fish?
Filtration?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not silly if you don't know the answer which is yes. Fish in nature are less active in winter vs. summer.
Water feels cold because our body temp is 98.6 generally so temps of 76-78 degrees F feel cool but it's fine for tropical fish.
What are your water parameters?
What kind/ s of fish?
Filtration?

Parameters - unsure (water gets taken to be tested on a Sunday usually)

(I do plan on buying a kit to DIY)

Fish are

5 Congo tetras
3 mollies
3 plattys
2 electric gbr
3 panda Cory's
3 bronze Cory's

It's a fluval (?) 3 older style filter in approx 110 litre tank

They seem to be moving around a bit more since I have turned it up slightly sitting to keep an eye I don't make the water too hot I like it at 26 degrees as this is where it usually is

Temp @ 26C is fine, I suspect something about the water chemistry is causing the inactivity. How often do you change the water and how much do you change?

1/3 per week use water conditioner each time taking water to be tested tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom