Heater issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackwagon

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have a hagan elite 100 watt heater in my 55 gallon. Is this enough or do I need anothe heater. I also came home from school today to find my heater making a terrible high pitched noise and all of my fish hiding under rocks and in corners when they usually are roaming about happily. What are my problems?

Have a hagan elite 100 watt heater in my 55 gallon. Is this enough or do I need anothe heater. I also came home from school today to find my heater making a terrible high pitched noise and all of my fish hiding under rocks and in corners when they usually are roaming about happily. What are my problems?
Well, it's your choice on how many heaters you want. I have been told to consider it by how many degrees you want to raise the water temperature. If you want to raise it a few degrees, 100 watt heater is fine. But if you want it to regulate the temperature fast, get another one. My opinion is that you should get another heater.

With the heater problems, I say return/get rid of that heater. Some here recommend the Aqueon Pro series heaters, they supposedly work well.

I use a single 200 watt heater on mine, but it is an older model I got off craigslist so it's not really around any more. Works well, so I'm content.

I went from a top fin 300 watt (could not get it dialed in) to a Aqueon 150w and it heats my 50 gallon without problem and holds temp perfectly i do plan to get a second cause my house does get cold in winter though

Back
Top Bottom