Heater makeing noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevekerr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 110 gallon fish tank and I have a 300 watt heater in it I know I need to get a 2nd one because of the size .but it is keeping it at 82 deg .but last night it was makeing a taping noise I unplugged all the other stuff and it was the heat anyone have a heater make noise before?

All my heaters do that. I have several different brands and each one ticks when the temp drops really low. They do not do that when the ambient temperature is high. Just when it gets cold in the room. Or maybe I just do not notice it when the temperature is higher.

Your heaters are making noise because the suction cups are positioned over the heating coils. The noise your probably hearing is like a clicking/creeking noise. Move the suction cups holding the heater down to a spot where its off the heating element.

What if that is not possible? The heaters I use have suction cups on a bar holder. No mater were you slide the holder it will be on a part of the heating surface.

What if that is not possible? The heaters I use have suction cups on a bar holder. No mater were you slide the holder it will be on a part of the heating surface.

No you have to place them at the very top and it works great. I too had this problem and fixed it after I googled what it could be. Give it a try and see

Back
Top Bottom