Heater problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamtam

Aquarium Advice Addict
I do not know why my heaters have against me but they are a serious PITA.

A few weeks ago the suction cups of one snapped when I was moving it's placement. I was annoyed but had a second heater and just popped that one in. Well I had treated for ick the other week and noticed that the suction cups on this one were all white and filmy after I was all done treatment. So I went to take them off to clean them and yep.. these ones broke too!!! Now I have 2 perfectly working heaters and no stupid clips to hold them in place.

I took a peak through the petstore online and didn't see anything that would serve my purpose. I'm wondering though if I could use sealant to glue these clips together? The clips are technically still in 1 peice but for some reason they've snapped or something and now instead of being solid where I slide the heater into it's all floppy and doesn't grip the heater.

I hate they idea of getting new heaters when I have 2 that fricken work.

greetings.

is it not possible to order some sort of suction cups for universal use, or maybe a replacement part? i can't really speak much of what happens if you glue the clips together, there is alot of heat being given off by the heaters. i am not sure if it will hold for long.

I ended up buying a new heater. :ermm:

I was thinking about trying to order something online but needed something pretty quick. My heater spent the day sort of randomly bobbing around the tank.. :( was sort of freaking my fish out a bit.

I got the new one and am going to see if I can find some sort of clips or way to get these usable. They are held on by plastic so I would think the sealant shouldn't be too bad. The area that would need fixed as well isn't in direct contact with the heater so maybe I'll get lucky.

I bought some universal replacement suction cups from Petco. They were only around three bucks. They fit all of my heaters and all of them are different brands. Might work for you?

We don't have Petco here and Amazon won't ship those clips to be up here in Canada. :( Sucks as those would work perfect by the looks of them.

I'm hoping to get into the marine store this week to order a lid and maybe I will luck out and they will have something that will work. Our LPS is so lame and has crap for selection. Living in a small city is such a pain sometimes.

Boo! Petco is my store of choice for non living aquarium needs. I would be up a creek without them. Hmmm.... No ideas other than have someone mail you the suction cups from the US. The shipping would be a lot more than the cups though. PM me if you want.

Back
Top Bottom