Heater Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HyperionLore

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
To put it simply, I need a heater for my 46 Gallon. I used to have an old hang on the back heater where the top was above the water and I used it for years. But this past summer when I set my 46 Gallon back up after I adopted/rescued a few fish, I realized the heater didn't work anymore. It wasn't a big issue then because we were going through a terrible heat wave that lasted for over a month. The water temperature stayed really warm and I found myself more worried about the water being too warm than not warm enough. But quite literally overnight a cold front swooped in and now the highs are 30 degrees colder than what they were and I've run out of time to find a replacement heater.

The reason I haven't just purchased one is I don't know what kind to get. Heaters have changed quite a bit since the last time I bought one. I don't know which brands are the most reliable, and I'm a bit intimidated by the thought of fully submerging them. How safe are those heaters? Can anyone give me any advice? I've looked at a Jager heater and the Marineland Stealth Pro. I'm kind of leaning toward the Stealth Pro but I wanted other people's opinions on which brands they thought were best.

Hmm...I think I might've posted this in the wrong section. It's so hard to tell there are so many sections to choose from. Oops.

I have 9 Stealth Pro's running as Im typing they get my vote.

For that tank a Stealth 200w or 2 100w would work well.

I have heard of stealth pro's exploding a lot, and one of the two I have has something broken insinde(makes me nervous). Ebo Jagers are supposed to be the best out there. I recently ordered 4, and they are pretty nice so far. I know theres a lot of ppl who swear by Ebo Jagers...

--Adeeb

I had a Stealth Pro explode inside one of my overlows but didn't stop me from continuing their use. Marineland has great customer service and they will continue to have my support.

Back
Top Bottom